Dear Team Members,
The Gemeinschaft junger Malteser ( referred to as “GjM”, “we,” “us,” and “our” in this policy) and it’s projects are subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws. We would therefore like to explain to you how we collect, store, process, transfer and use data that identifies you or makes you identifiable, as a natural person (hereinafter "personal data").
1. Who is the controller of your personal data?
We, that is the GjM, are controller of your personal data. We are responsible for, and control, the processing of your information.
2. What information do we collect?
When you apply to become a team member of the Romania Project, we collect personal data about you. This personal information regularly includes the following:
· Contact information, such as your address, email address and phone number
· Date of birth
· Prior participation in the Romania Project or other GjM projects
· Your preference in regard to the team
· Any other information you choose to share with us in your application or later on.
3. How and on which legal grounds do we use your personal data?
We will use your information for the prior to entering into a contract with you. This means that we will evaluate your application to become a team member.
We will use your personal information for the performance of our contract with you.
In preparation of the Romania Project, we will use your contact information to provide you with all necessary information before the start of the Romania Project. In addition we may contact provide the team with a list of all team members to enable you to coordinate your travels and contact each other prior to the Romania Project. We may use your name and date of birth to organize your travel to Romania, if you do not travel independent from the group.
During the Romania Project, we may use your name and other information, such as age, gender and prior experience, where necessary, to assign tasks and organize the running of the camps. If necessary, we will use your personal data to organize travels and events during the Romania Project.
After the Romania Project, we will use your name and contact information to remind you to send your guest a Christmas present and, where necessary, for further questions or other communication related to your participation in the Romania Project.
We will use your personal information for our own legitimate interests. We will use your email address to invite you to participate in the Romania Project or other projects and events of the GjM.
We will use your personal information with your consent. If you give us your separate consent, we may use your email address to invite you to our fundraising event, such as Romania in Concert and Lebanon on Stage, and we might use your picture for the presentation of our events and projects.
4. With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share your name and date of birth with the airline, if necessary for the booking of the flights. We may share your name and other personal data with other team members for the coordination of the Romania Project. We use online tools of service providers, such as Google Inc., to collect and manage the date we need to organize the Romania Project.
5. Do we store your information?
We will store your information in our lists as long as we assume that you may be interested in the participation in our projects and events, including our fundraisers. Afterwards, we will delete your personal data.
6. What rights and choices do you have?
We want you to understand your rights and choices regarding your personal data. Depending on how you use your personal data, these rights and choices may include the following:
• Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
• Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
• Right to restriction. The right to obtain restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as, where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period of time enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
• Right to portability. The right to portability allows you to move or have the personal information moved, copy or transfer personal information easily from one organization to another.
• RIGHT TO OBJECT: IN SOME CASES YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING BASED ON OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS WHERE THERE ARE GROUNDS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. FURTHERMORE YOU CAN OBJECT TO MARKETING ACTIVITIES FOR WHATEVER REASON AT ANY TIME.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with any EU data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
7. How to contact us?
Kanzlei der Deutschen Assoziation
des Souveränen Malteser Ritterordens e.V.
z.H. Frau Birgit Guenther